Thursday, March 24, 2011

From the Desk

One of my favourite things about being a Children and Youth librarian is that every morning someone puts on my desk all the new books that have arrived at our Branch for me to look over. It’s a really great way for me to know what we have in our collection, and I’m learning about all kinds of great new books.

Considering I don’t have time to read everything, I thought I would highlight some of the books that I find on my desk that look really interesting.

Close to Famous by Joan Bauer - Foster McFee dreams of having her own cooking show like her idol, celebrity chef Sonny Kroll. Macon Dillard's goal is to be a documentary filmmaker. Foster's mother Rayka longs to be a headliner instead of a back-up singer. And Miss Charleena plans a triumphant return to Hollywood. Everyone has a dream, but nobody is even close to famous in the little town of Culpepper. Until some unexpected events shake the town and its inhabitants and put their big ambitions to the test. Full of humour, unforgettable characters, surprises, and lots and lots of heart, this is Joan Bauer at her most engaging

1 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Hmmm I didn't like her novel, Peeled, but I like the premise of this one :)

Great feature!

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines Everyday Blessings kit