Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Coming Soon to a Library Near You

Coming Soon to a Library Near You is a weekly feature inspired by Jill at Breaking the Spine that looks at upcoming books.

This Week’s Book: Bitter End
Author: Jennifer Brown
Release Date: May 2011
Summary: When Alex falls for the charming new boy at school, Cole -- a handsome, funny, sports star who adores her -- she can't believe she's finally found her soul mate . . . someone who truly loves and understands her.

At first, Alex is blissfully happy. Sure, Cole seems a little jealous of her relationship with her close friend Zack, but what guy would want his girlfriend spending all her time with another boy? As the months pass, though, Alex can no longer ignore Cole's small put-downs, pinches, or increasingly violent threats.

As Alex struggles to come to terms with the sweet boyfriend she fell in love with and the boyfriend whose "love" she no longer recognizes, she is forced to choose -- between her "true love" and herself.

I loved Brown’s Hate List. It was one of the first YA novels that I got lost in when I started this blog. It was so beautifully done. I can’t wait to read Bitter End.

4 comments:

Book Sake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Book Sake said...

This sounds like a good read and touches on a subject that a lot of girls go through.

Our WOW pick is at BookSake.

Sally said...

I haven't read Hate List yet but I think I'm going to get this one when it comea out.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

Katie said...

This is my first time visiting your blog - it's so pretty! I didn't read Hate List, but I think I might give this book a shot - thanks for the heads-up.

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines Everyday Blessings kit