Friday, October 1, 2010

Book Blogger Hop

Time for the Blogger Hop from Crazy for Books

What a great idea! I love following readers blogs almost more than I like blogging myself. What a great way to get out there and meet new people who share the same interests as you.

This Week's Question: How do you spread the word about your blog?

I have to admit that when I first started blogging I wasn’t really interested in spreading the word about my blog. I didn’t do it to get ARC’s or meet other bloggers, I just wanted a place where I could write reviews of the books I was reading. However, there are a lot of great bloggers out there, so I’m glad that I’ve started to interact more and meet people, and by doing so spread word about my blog.

I do have a twitter account that is hooked into my blog, and I do participate in features like Book Blogger Hop and In My Mailbox. I also try to get out to other blogs and leave comments.

7 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Happy Friday, Katie!

I don't really spread the word about my blog other than the occasional tweet and by interacting with other bloggers :)

Pris said...

Just hopping through your blog! Love what I have seen so far can't wait to see more! Hopping has been my main source of spreading the word so far... and it seems to work!I'm a new follower, check out my blog and follow back if you like!
Pris
www.benterudbookshelf.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hopping by to return the visit! I like your motivation. It's nice to have people know about our blogs, but most of all it's good to just have a place where we can air our thoughts about the books that affect us daily.

Rhiannon said...

ah yes, it is an incredible amount of work to network. Dude I've been on my chaise lounge all morning in my pjs commenting on peoples blogs! hahahaha
Best of luck, you're blog looks great, and I'm a new follower.
www.TheDiaryofaBookworm.com

p.s- if you like scary reads come by this month and check out my Giving me the Creeps October. You can grab a button and leave links to all your scary reviews!

Heather said...

Agreed, when I first started blogging I wondered why I even bothered with a blog, and pondered that maybe I should make it private... because I was writing reviews to keep track of the books I'd read, not to garner readers and interest potential followers.

Admittedly though, the thing that motivated me to change that was learning about ARCs, and that there were blogs that were just ARC tours that I could sign up for!

I didn't need to own them personally, but the chance to read something, pre-release, was just toooooo tempting!

Check out my Blog Hop, Follow Friday and Giveaway HERE!

Katie said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. Sorry I haven't been quicker with my responses, I've been at the cottage again.

Elizabeth said...

First-time visitor....hope you are having fun on the blog hop this weekend.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com/

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines Everyday Blessings kit