Saturday, October 16, 2010

Blogger Hop

Time for the Blogger Hop from Crazy for Books

What a great idea! I love following readers blogs almost more than I like blogging myself. What a great way to get out there and meet new people who share the same interests as you.This


Week's Question: When you read a book that you just can’t get into, do you stick it out and keep reading, or move to your next title?

I will drop a book so fast, a fact which drives people up the wall. My TBR list is so long, and I don’t get a lot of reading time. So I just can’t see spending hours on something I’m not enjoying. I have a 50-100 page rule, so if it hasn’t hooked me by then, it’s bye bye book. Sometimes if I am not enjoying a book, but I feel like I might if under different circumstance then I add the book to the bottom of my list and give it another shot. My husband is the opposite, he will stick with a book until the bitter end, even if it takes him months or years (he also reads more than one book at a time, I do not).

What do you do?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! New follower here. I love your answer. I guess because I am more like your husband! I have the page rule as well, but I'm not quick to put down the book. It really takes me a lot to hate a book so much I will stop reading. I guess part of me just wants to know what is going to happen...hah!

Happy hop!
BrandiHeather

Natalie said...

Hey Katie! I'm already a follower, but I wanted to drop in and say hi. I probably couldn't drop a book as fast as you can, but I DO have a 100 page rule. I think that's a fair enough shot for the book to pull me in.

Have a great weekend!

La Coccinelle said...

I try to finish the books I start so I can give them a fair and honest review. Especially if I've paid good money for them! I'd be more likely to stop reading a library book I didn't like (but I haven't used the library in ages).

Elizabeth said...

What a lovely, lovely blog.

First-time visitor.

Hopping by...stop by my blog if you like to see my answer to this week's question.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Katie said...

BrandiHeather: I know what you mean, I'm always wondering if I am missing things. Natalie: 100 is pretty fair, I usually give it a little more than 50...but if a book is really bad I count down to 50 like "ugh...only two more pages of this crap" La Coccinelle: I totally agree about paying for books and wanting to read them all the way through. I get about 99% of my books from the library now, so it's not something I have to worry about too much. Thanks Elizabeth!

Heather said...

It's not like you can't always come back to them if you change your mind XD

I've dropped very few books forever though.

Check out my Blog Hop and Follow Friday HERE!

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines Everyday Blessings kit