Friday, June 25, 2010

Program


I know I usually do American or Canadian library programs, but that doesn’t mean other countries are not coming up with fun and innovative programming.

I stumbled across the following program from Mosman Public Library in Australia because of an assignment I had to do and I thought it was so much fun I had to post it. It’s a beautiful marriage of books and art (my two favourite things) and one of the more creative programs I’ve seen in a while.

Caution: for some, this program might be considered sacrilege – and yes, books were destroyed in the process.

On April 13 the Mosman Public Library in Australia held an event called Altered Books, free for ages 12 and up.

“Mosman Library will be running an Altered Books workshop to show you how old books can be creatively recycled into new sculptures, photoframes or anything else the imagination fancies!”

This kind of thing makes me giddy!

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines Everyday Blessings kit