Friday, June 25, 2010

Author Spotlight

This feature that will highlight and introduce the works of Canadian YA authors. I’m doing this mostly for self-education because unfortunately I’m not all that aware of the amazing talent that exists in my own country. (I might shake it up from time to time and include an American author)


This month’s author: Courtney Summers
Author Blurb: Courtney Summers lives and writes in Canada where she divides her time between a piano, a camera, and word-processing program when she’s not planning for the impending zombie apocalypse. She enjoys Archie comics, Trailer Park Boys, and other fine art. Pierre Trudeau is her hero and if you are a volcano, she would like to know you. (from her website because it was such a cute mini-bio)

I included her this month for two reasons: First, because I finished reading Cracked Up to Be not that long ago and I thought it was beautiful. Secondly, and perhaps much more importantly, Cracked up to be won the 2009 Cybil Award for YA fiction, which is a huge success and completely justified.
Author website found here.









0 comments:

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines Everyday Blessings kit