Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Coming Soon to a Library Near You

Coming Soon to a Library Near You is a weekly feature inspired by Jill at Breaking the Spine that looks at upcoming books.

This Week’s Book: Finding Somewhere
Author: Joseph Monninger
Release Date: November 2011
Summary: Two girls: Best friends Hattie and Delores feel that life in their small New Hampshire town is a dead end. One horse: Old and about to be put down, Speed gets a reprieve when Hattie and Delores decide to save him. A road trip: Determined to set Speed free, Hattie and Delores drive him west in search of rangeland. But the road takes some unexpected turns as the girls get their own taste of freedom—and as they confront the reasons they left home.

It’s been a long time since I’ve read a horse book, but a roadtrip horse book??? How can you beat that?

6 comments:

tweezle said...

Cool! I've never heard of this one - sounds interesting!!

Here's my WOW for this week.

Unknown said...

That cover is beautiful, in a simple sense. I've never heard of it before, so thanks for putting it on my radar!

Thanks for stopping by my WoW

Unknown said...

This sounds cute! I read horse books when I was a kid! Ah, the Saddle Club. I think I'll have to check this one out! Great pick! See what I chose over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
Courtney
*new follower

Bailey said...

I hadn't heard of this one before but it sounds good! =) Nice pick!

My WoW

Sally said...

OMG! Road trip and horses I am so there!
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

YA Book Queen said...

A horse book + a road trip! What fun! I'll definitely keep an eye out for this one in the fall, :D

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines Everyday Blessings kit