I’ve decided to participate in the 2011 Debut Author challenge this year. Kristi from The Story Siren does such an amazing job putting it together, and I love supporting new authors. I’m committing to reading 12, hopefully I can read more.
2011 Debut Author Challenge participant information:
- The objective of the DAC is to read at least twelve novels from Young Adult or Middle Grade Authors. While twelve is the minimum there is no maximum limit! I encourage readers who can read more than twelve to do so!
- Anyone can join. You don't have to be a blogger, and you don't have to live in the United States.
- You do not have to have an blog written in English to participate.
- You can join at anytime. The challenge runs from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011.
- Books must be a Young Adult or Middle Grade novel.
- DO NOTE: Just because a book has a teen character or is about a teen, does not mean that it is necessarily a Young Adult novel.
- This must be the authors debut with a release date in 2011.
- If an author has a previous novel published under adult fiction/nonfiction or children's fiction/nonfiction, they can still qualify for the challenge if they are releasing their YA or MG debut.
Check back in 2011 to see how I do.