Thursday, June 2, 2011

Month in Review - May

I always enjoy reading blogger’s monthly recaps. It’s a great way to see what you've missed, notice trends and see how books compare to each other. I stole this idea from Imagination in Focus, one of my favourite blogs to follow.

Number of Books Read: 5
Favourite Read: Stay by Ordinary Beauty by Laura Wiess
Least Favourite: Skinned by Robin Wasserman. I just couldn't finish it.
Most Original Idea: Ultraviolet by R.J Anderson. There was a lot of cool elements and surprising twists in the book.
Best Character: Sayre from Ordinary Beauty by Laura Wiess. She wasn’t the character that I liked the most, but she was by far the best written character
Best Villain: Sarye’s mother from Ordinary Beauty by Laura Wiess. I always go for the complex characters. She was a horrible character with almost no redeeming qualities, but at the same time she was not without her own ghosts and struggles.
Best Supporting Character: Eli from Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott. He was such a great love interest...insecure and honest, sweet and complicated.

Honourable mention goes out to Wherever You Go by Heather Davis which did just about everything right. Great plot, characters, writing, etc.

1 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I can't wait to read Ultraviolet...something about that book just resonates with me, plus I sure like edgy stories! Great month, Katie!

PS - No, I didn't get an email...when did you send it?

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines Everyday Blessings kit