Saturday, May 7, 2011

Trash to Treasure - April

Each month there are several books that I start to read but for one reason or another I just can’t get into. I have a fairly low tolerance for the books I read, usually only giving them between 50-100 pages before I quit. There are just too many books to read and not enough time to “trudge” through something I’m not enjoying. However, I recently realized that I never mention them on here. So I’ve decided to do a monthly feature looking at some of the books I just couldn’t get into and why.

Wildthorn by Jane England (58 pages) – While I love adult historical fiction, I really struggle with the YA stuff. There is something about it I just have trouble getting and I lose patience very easily. That was the case for Wildthorn. I loved the premise and thought it was especially unique, but I just couldn't connect to the historical elements and the writing style. While Louisa was an interesting enough character, the flashbacks interrupted the flow a bit, making it hard to really get lost in the story. This wasn't a horrible book but any means, just not something for me.

A Trillian Books, The Infinite Shelf and Book Hooked Blog all have positive reviews on their websites you should check out.

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines Everyday Blessings kit