Thursday, October 6, 2011

Trash to Treasure - Sept


Each month there are several books that I start to read but for one reason or another I just can’t get into. I have a fairly low tolerance for the books I read, usually only giving them between 50-100 pages before I quit. There are just too many books to read and not enough time to “trudge” through something I’m not enjoying. However, I recently realized that I never mention them on here. So I’ve decided to do a monthly feature looking at some of the books I just couldn’t get into and why.

Leverage by Joshua Cohen (75 pages) – This is where I wish I wasn’t such a one dimensional reader. This book had a great premise, good pacing and tackled relevant issues from a new perspective. The characterization was really strong, and I was especially drawn to Danny. I really wanted to like this book, however, at the end of the day, I couldn’t get past the sports. It was too distracting, which made keeping up with all the football players names difficult, and I just generally lost. Despite not having finished it, I would still highly recommend it to those who want a really great story and don’t mind reading a little bit about sports along the way.

Missy’s Reads and Reviews, Reclusive Bibliophile and Helen’sBook Blog all have positive reviews on their websites you should check out. 

1 comments:

Chrystal said...

I love that you stated why you couldn't finish this, but emphasized the great aspects of this story and linked to other bloggers who reviewed it and liked it. Nicely done. :)

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Cré@Bisontines Everyday Blessings kit